About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon, United States
Chris and I were married August 18, 2007 in the Portland Oregon Temple. We currently live in an apartment in McMinnville with our dog, Bear.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

HELP!!!

So right now I'm filling in for the front desk at my new job today and I am FREAKING out! Rayne, the front desk lady, took the day off while I had the rest of the week off so Chris and I could go camping (more on that later). She trained me for one day and most of it went way over my head. Too much information in too little time. So I'm up here doing what I can. I know how to do like four or five things, luckily Rayne said that if I do those four or five things she'd be a happy camper and that I'd be helping her out tons. She's so sweet!

Jaye, the hygienist, is such a huge help, too. She's making all her appointments and not asking very much of me. And luckily Mark, Dr. Barnard, is hiking Mt. St. Helens with the scouts and he's not here. So I think I can handle one patient every 50 or 60 minutes.

I already had a patient try to make a payment today and I had to turn her down! I mean, who does that?? I'm sorry but I can't take your money. lol I explained what the situation was and she was very friendly. Besides, Rayne told me that if anyone tried to make a payment to tell them to come back when Rayne was here. I just don't want to screw up anyone's account. I mean, when it comes to money...that's a big deal. AND, I'm the NEW girl! What the heck am I doing up here? I didn't go to school for this!!!

I barely slept a wink last night. I've been having those stomach pains you get when you're really nervous. But actually, so far, it hasn't been that bad. I guess I'm just freaking out about the phone ringing. I'm afraid a new patient will call with a tooth ache and I'm going to have to say, "So sorry Miss Molly." I hate that. I don't want to be the one to turn down a new patient that is in pain! Ugh! Oh well. I'm "Tuff Tiff." Wish me luck...

(If anything else happens worth blogging about, I'll add it later.)

No comments: