About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon, United States
Chris and I were married August 18, 2007 in the Portland Oregon Temple. We currently live in an apartment in McMinnville with our dog, Bear.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Camping at Cape Lookout

Chris and I just got back from camping at Cape Lookout near Tillamook, OR. We were there exactly two years ago with my whole family a few days before our wedding. It's a great campsite that I highly recommend to anyone who wants to camp on the beach.


This picture was from two years ago. We tried looking for the same tree we were sitting on, but couldn't find it and all the others were a challenge to climb, so we couldn't replicate the pic. This second picture is from this trip.



We stayed two nights because Chris wanted "to sleep in my own bed before I have to go to work the next day." Wa, wa, wa...what a baby! But I'm glad we came home a day early. We were so exhausted. I didn't sleep very well the first night, because our neighbors stayed up drinking and playing poker; and the second night the raccoons were out for about four hours and Bear was growling at them the whole time. He would have been barking, but I was clamping his mouth shut the whole time. Looking back on it, I should have just let him bark for a good 30 seconds to scare them away for good. Oh well. I took these pictures after the first night. All our food was safe with a nice snug lid. (Last time we went camping, the raccoons ate all my marshmallows and graham crackers. NOT cool!)




We went to the beach everyday. It was only about a three minute walk from our tent. You could hear the waves at night. Bear had so much fun! He would run to the water and take a big drink, then shake his head and snarl after the nasty taste. He loved digging in the sand for shells or rocks and would fetch anything Chris would toss. He is such a good dog. Whenever Bear was off-leash, he wouldn't run more than 500 feet in front of us. He was like, "Are you guys coming? Hurry up!" Unfortunately, there were no seagulls for him to chase. Weird!






Bear got some off-leash action even when he wasn't on the beach! One morning we were all in the tent just waking up or something and I left to go to the bathroom. Before I left, I was playing with Bear from outside the tent just teasing him a little. Then I walk down to the bathrooms. When I get there I see that the bathroom door is propped open with a wastebasket. No big deal. So I choose the first stall, sit down, and do my business. All the sudden I hear Bear's collar right outside the door. "Bear?" He comes running in at full speed, runs under my stall door and jumps onto my lap and kisses me excessfully. At first I didn't know what to think. He wasn't on a leash... I thought that maybe Chris had followed me to the bathroom and let Bear loose to go in and get me. "Chris? Hello?" No answer. About 15 seconds, later I hear Chris' shoes (cuz he doesn't pick up his darn feet when he walks). "Tiff? Tiff? Is Bear in there?" Bear jumps off my lap and runs back out to Chris. Chris told me that he escaped and hunted me down. Followed my scent all the way to the bathroom! I laugh hysterically. So this is what happend on Chris' end...too funny! As I leave for the bathroom, Chris is in bed all the way zipped up in his sleeping. Once I'm gone, Bear nudges his nose out the zipper door. Once his head is through, he bolts! Chris shimmies his way out of his sleeping bag, awkwardly walks off our queen air mattress and is only wearing his G's. Trying to find clothes to throw on while Bear is running around the whole tent because that was the last place he saw me while I was teasing him. After the tent, he runs through our neighbor's campsite, then to the street, around our car, runs through our other neighbor's campsite, then across the street and disappears. Chris manages to get out of the tent in just enough time to see Bear cross the street and run through another person's campsite. By the time Chris gets over there, Bear is gone. One guy helped Chris out and said, "He ran to the bathrooms....at lightning speed." lol Bear ran all the way around the bathrooms and since the girls' door was open, he just helped himself. Too funny! I couldn't beleive it. That's the Beagle in him I guess. I mean, of all the other smells at a campsite, in the woods, at the beach. C'mon, he deserves some sort of medal! I was pretty impressed. We would have been in big trouble if he just ran off. Luckily, he's a big momma's boy!


I've never had the type of popcorn where you pop it in a pan-type thing over the stove. So we got some to take camping and Chris took pictures. It was good. My arm got really tired after a while. I guess I was shaking it a little too vigorously. Great snack when camping!






We also made a quick trip to Tillamook Cheese Factory. That's always a fun place. We ran through the self-guided tour. Always fun to watch people. The line for free cheese samples was insanely long and Chris didn't want to wait. Shocker. We looked at buying a shot glass (we collect them, not use them) but the only one they had there was ugly. It was their 1ooth anniversary one. So we're going to wait for a better one next year I guess. We did ice cream of course. The best. I got a waffle cone with udderly chocolate and cookie dough! Yumm! Then we left. Perfect little trip. Except no cheese. :( (*A quick note: The cashier for my ice cream was wearing an orange button pin that said "I loaf you" or something witty like that. Chris leans over and was like, "Do they sell bread here, too, or what?" I asked why and he pointed out the pin. I was like, "Honey, the blocks of cheese they make are called "loafs/loaves." He was like, "Oh, I always thought that that was one of your dumb words or sayings that you made up." I just laughed!)


The rest of these pics are when we were waiting to leave to go camping, black feet at the end of camping, and waiting to go home pictures.









1 comment:

valerie said...

those pictures are so cute!! I want to go camping!! it would be fun! anyways, I am glad you told me about what is going on in our life.. i am excited to see you in a few!