About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon, United States
Chris and I were married August 18, 2007 in the Portland Oregon Temple. We currently live in an apartment in McMinnville with our dog, Bear.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Swimming With Snakes

Yesterday Chris, Bear, and I went swimming up at Chris' parent's house. Shadow (Black Lab) and Toby II (Jack Russell) were out running around. It was fun to see Bear interact with them. First we were holding Bear to make sure they would accept him, but Bear thought he was the big kid in town and was barking up a storm at them. (Shadow is like fifty times the size of Bear!) Then we put him down and he learned his place with record time. It was so funny to see his ego shatter. It was so much fun to watch them run and play together.

So then we got the pool ready to start swimming. But Chris was like, "Tiff!!!! Come quick! Toby has something dead in his mouth and it doesn't have legs!!!" I immediately think, 'An animal carcass with it's legs ripped off?' So I run out and see what the heck is going on. And this is what I saw....





It was the biggest snake I have ever seen up at their house. Toby loved that snake! He ran all over the place with it. Bear would go and try to grab it, but all he could get his teeth on was its head! I screamed and screamed. It took Chris forever to get him to drop it.















It was still alive. Playing dead or something. We finally put it over in the bushes. We checked later and it was gone. Then we finally got to swim and enjoy the sun.





3 comments:

Dave and Jana said...

I would have ffreeeaked out! I hate snakes! I can't believe you touched it! YUCK!

Unknown said...

It all looks like so much fun....swimming, watching the dogs play. Bear is adorable....will he get much bigger? It's a boy right? I love the pics where his ears are flopping! That is a big snake...that's funny how the other dog (can't remember its name) was prancing around with it, so proudly. LOL. I wish my in-laws had a pool! Lucky!
Jessica Durfee

Nicole said...

I just like the pic of tiffany holding the sake in her swim suite. Next time put it around your neck and posse all sexy. your welcome chris